CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Crappy advice given to men...

I was searching for dating advice online to see if I could tell if a particular guy was interested in me the way that I am interested in him. Those of you that know me know who I am talking about. I've been friends with him for over a year, and I really like him. I stumbled across these suggestions on www.askmen.com about how to show her that you are not interested. These are on their "Do" list:

1) Ask about her hot friend
2) Tell her that you have a friend that is perfect for her
3) Let her know that you are busy lately
4) Subtly highlight clashes of opinion (they suggest to tell women with kids that you would never date anyone with a kid)
5) Not so direct approach.

This made me really think. He has asked me if I have any single friends, he has suggested that if I want "some flesh" that I could go to his friend's place (the single guys are in their 60's so it may have been a joke), he has even told me that he wouldn't date anyone with a child. Now, he hasn't said any of these things in a long time and he was saying these things after he broke up with his girlfriend and I was still married so there wasn't even an issue of us dating. Lately he hasn't mentioned any other women, has been flirty, and our conversations frequently end up talking about sex. I just don't know what to think. I wish I could tell if he was interested! I really care a lot for him, and I would be ok if he wasn't interested. However, I would prefer to know!!

Gwen

0 comments: