CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What now?

I am starting to realize that I don't know anything about dating! I'm scared! I was married for over 4 years, and before that I was in a long term relationship for over 4 years. I met my ex husband online, so we didn't actually date much until after we knew each other more. I don't really know how to meet someone and determine if they are actually interested, etc, without going online. I'm petrified at the prospect of dating again. I want to, but I feel like a social leper! I actually feel like a cross between a social reject and one of those poor people who have no idea of how to behave in public, and have no real social skills! That may not be true, but that's how I feel.

I am friends with this guy. I don't think that he wants to be anything but friends, but he is very flirty. I like him, but I am always confused. I'm happy to be his friend if that's what he wants, but I don't know if that's even what he wants. He's king of the mixed signals. I hung out with him recently, and I had a blast. I learned so much about him that made me even like him more as a friend. I'm so confused!!! It would be much simpler if he sat me down and said either I "like you" like you and I want to get to know you, or I like you and would like to be your friend, or even to get lost. I've just assumed that he just wants to be friends, and it makes more sense. I just wish that I knew for sure. I've put myself through hell trying to think things like if I should call and talk with him, should I leave him alone, is he getting annoyed and just wish that I would go away forever, or does he want me to keep contact with him? He keeps telling me to keep emailing him, but he rarely sends anything back now. He did say that he was busy and that's why he hasn't emailed me back. If I was a mind reader, it would all be so much easier!! I keep thinking that if he was truly interested, he would make more of an effort to contact me. On the other hand, he did just invite me to hang out, and then called me at home over the weekend.

I wonder how well I'll do as an unattached woman, or if I'll end up as an old maid in my house deemed to be the crazy old cat lady!! LOL!

Gwen

1 comments:

leslie joan linder said...

Nothing wrong with cats. You go, girl!! ;) I love you, anyway.

LJL