CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Migraine + Stress = Blaring Metal Music?!?

Migraine + Stress does not usually equal loud metal music, or at least for the average person. I have found out that when I am having a migraine, such as today, I really want to listen to heavy metal. Now, I am not talking Metalica, Korn, or anything like this. I'm talking about european black metal, gothic, etc. Oh, Don't forget Testament!! They are an American band, but they are awesome! It's been awhile since I listened to these on a regular basis, about 6 years. My ex boyfriend, Mike, got me hooked on this, and it always makes me think of the time that I spent with him in the SF Bay area! Somehow it makes me feel better!! The louder the better. I just spent most of my lunch break watching the birds walk by the waterfront in an inlet here in my hometown, and listening to My Dying Bride. Lovely name for the band, right? LOL! Well, there are bands with very shocking names that I will not repeat, at least not here right now. It made me realize that I have my life back. I don't have to live with being in an unhappy marriage with a controlling man. I can be whatever I want, do whatever I want, and not have to be told that I have to give up everything that makes me who I am. Hopefully the woman that I loved being is still buried in there somewhere. I know she is dying to come out!!

Gwen

2 comments:

leslie joan linder said...

Yay! You go, goddess!

Metal is probably a sort of "homeopathy" for a headache -- a "hair of the dog that bit me" sort of thing.

Love it. See you VERY SOON!

leslie joan linder said...

Oh, I just found some old pics in a greeting card that I had saved. A couple are of you and they look so good! In one, you have your chin up high and you're looking at the camera like, "Are YOU looking at ME?" It rocks. Gotta show them to you asap. luv, luv, ljl