CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 21, 2007

The new guy in my life - four legs, wiskers, fur and all!

Ok, that sounds pretty bad. You're probably wondering if I have a new boyfriend that's less than, um, perfect? Naw. A couple of weeks ago I was at my step-sister's house. She is getting to leave for basic training, and has to get rid of her cats. I was patting Gabbers, and she asked me if I wanted him. She had Gabe when she used to live with us at Mom's house, and I knew that he is a sweet cat so I said yes. I knew that it would be a challenge at first especially, but had not expected him to be as skiddish as he was. This had developed since he moved with her in with her Husband, so I only can guess what they (or he) must have done to poor Gabbers.


It took Gabe a couple of days to come out of hiding, but I have been very patient. He mainly comes out in the evenings when we're more quiet and has become so much more comfortable around us. I can see a difference in him already. He has become my special sweetie (much to my other 3 cat's dismay), since he is so scared. He now meets me on the stairs when he hears me tell Azize that it's time for bed. He knows that he gets his lovie time with me after Azize has been put to bed. If I don't pat him on the stairs, he comes and rubs on my legs as I sit on the computer. What a little lovebug!

Gwen


0 comments: