CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Will this ever get better?

I have had a very hard year so far, and it's only March. In January, I broke my wrist. I had to deal with loss of independence because I needed help with even the most simple things (like buttoning my pants or putting on underwear). I had an enormous amount of pain, but at least I'm through most of that. I'm still going to occupational therapy, but I've been told that I'm doing well.

Before Valentine's day, my step father died suddenly of cardiac arrest. He had been married to my mother for 16 years, and I considered him as much of a father and grandfather to my son as my biological father. It was very hard. I spent over a month staying with my mother so she wouldn't have to be alone.

I've been home for the last couple of weeks, and I've had to deal with a lot of stresses at home. I have a cat that is using my whole house as a bathroom so I feel like I can't get my house clean. I have a 4 year old child, so it's not wonderful when I'm "finding" new spots that the cat has used as a potty. My computer has recently died. Then my washing machine just went too. I'm a single mother, so I really don't have enough money for my bills, let alone to buy these things. I've been struggling to find money to heat my house, and pay the mortgage and car loan. There's not much else that gets paid.

My grandmother has recently started having trouble breathing. She went to the hospital and they drew off fluid from her lungs and didn't bother trying to find a reason why this was happening until it kept happening. They just did a scan, and found tumors in her lungs and lymph nodes. She has been a heavy smoker for many many years, and has only just recently quit. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the tumors mean to my almost 80 year old failing grandmother.

When will all of this stress go away?!?

0 comments: